Sunday, March 20, 2011

Libya, grilled cheese and other stories.

Sam and I are definitely on opposite schedules right now. Because I didn’t get any sleep Friday night I took a very long nap Saturday morning and then another one late in the afternoon. Shortly after dinner Sam conked out on the couch, slept for three hours and then crept off to bed at 10:30. As for me, I’m probably awake enough to sit here horsing around at the computer until 4 a.m., although I might consider taking a sedative so I won’t screw up the rest of the weekend for us. I’ve got other things to do with my life. Like laundry, for instance. Lots and lots of laundry. I’m drowning in it. If you want to come over and help please send an email right away. I’ll buy a pound cake.

Do you ever get strange food cravings? Mine is a trio of perfect flavors that’s eaten together and always in complete privacy, as Sam gets grossed out if I even MENTION this to him. It’s a grilled cheese sandwich, green olives and one of my Goofy Fruity Shakes. I also used to love liverwurst on white bread with sweet pickle relish and mayo, but I gave up on that one years ago when I started reading nutritional labels.
In other news, I see that the U.S. and Great Britain have been very busy tonight blowing up Libya and all of its air defenses. This is a good thing. If ever a country needed blowing up, it’s Libya. And after we get rid of Gaddafi and all of his evil spawn I think Disney should consider turning the entire country into a resort with rides and corn dogs.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: