Monday, April 25, 2011

A break in the weather at last.

It’s not easy to write a Howdygram post when you have to shut down your computer every half hour. All day yesterday, most of last night and nearly all day today, every time I sat down to write there was another storm roaring through here. We missed the worst of it (such as hail and high winds) but got plenty of thunder, lightning and rain. I think it’s finally safe to crawl out of my hiding place now. I’m baaack!

Incidentally, we really needed the rain. I am NOT complaining.

So here’s what’s new since my last post. I’ve been in “stock-up mode” and ordered a pile of cool stuff from Wal-Mart.com and Amazon.com, such as six bottles each of my two favorite Dial body wash fragrances (Wal-Mart) and for Sam a six-pack of his favorite shaving cream and a 20-bar crate of Irish Spring soap (Amazon). As always, great prices, free shipping and zero sales tax on Amazon. This is so much fun I can hardly stand it.
For those of you who think Sam and I are really lucky to live in an exciting metro area like Dallas, I give you the follow photo of George W. Bush and Nolan Ryan taken recently at a Texas Rangers baseball game.
Despite what you see here, there is no truth to the rumor that Rangers’ owner Nolan Ryan passed away during the third inning.

And now I think it’s finally time for dinner. I don’t have much of an appetite these days so I will probably make a grilled cheese sandwich because the only food I can actually taste has to be SALTY.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: