Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The quest for happy feet.

Okay, I might be exaggerating. My feet don’t have to be HAPPY, per se, just mildly contented in shoes that won’t kill me. And so yesterday I ordered two new pair for summer on sale with free shipping. Pictured below are my new canvas slip-ons and a cute little black leather flat with cutout doodads and a teeny bow. I gave up anything with heels years ago, mostly because I’ve got arthritic knees, edema, plantar fasciitis and walk with a cane. Creaky senior citizens do NOT wear stilettos.
In case you’re thinking about a trip, Sam lucked out over the weekend and found an incredibly cheap nonstop airfare from Dallas to Burbank, California ... $219 round-trip on American Airlines. He’ll be making his annual shlep to the west coast in June to visit mom while I stay home with canned soup, old movies and the Howdygram.

Here’s some news. I’ve been receiving apology messages all day from a slew of companies alerting me to the fact that an email database management provider called Epsilon was hacked by evildoers and my address is now in the hands of cyber-criminals capable of sending DANGEROUS SPAM. It began this morning with a frantic message from Chase and eventually expanded to include HSN, Walgreen’s, CVS, Kroger and 1-800-Flowers. I’m sure there will be more, because apparently all of these major corporations think it’s a brilliant idea to give ONE SLOPPY COMPANY complete responsibility for their customer databases. However, none of this really bothers me for a couple of reasons: 1) I’m smarter than your average cyber-criminal; and 2) hackers never target Macintosh computers.

I’m STARVING as I write this post. I had almost zero dinner last night due to an upset stomach, and now at 3:45 in the morning I could eat half a chicken or at least a hot pretzel. I think I’ll scrounge around in the kitchen for a while because I’m way too hungry right now to go back to sleep. Thank you for reading this.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey guys-when will Sam be here in June? Hopefully he'll get to see Anna's recital this year! It is 6/11 & 12