Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fine dining options include Waffle House and the Ennis Regional Medical Center Cafeteria.

While Sam takes an extended afternoon nap in bed I’m left in the study to my own devices, amusing myself in the meantime with a Howdygram post and anticipation of my maiden voyage to teeny pieland, so-to-speak. Tonight’s premier effort with my new Babycakes Pie Maker will be TEENY CHICKEN POT PIES and I plan to get started within the next half-hour before Sam wakes up so I can surprise him. The instructions are a no-brainer. I sincerely hope I don’t embarrass myself.
And now for the ultimate vision of spring ... wildflowers in Texas! Here we have a local longhorn (below) posing in a meadow of bluebonnets, probably planted years ago by former first lady and native Texan Lady Bird Johnson, pictured at right in 1965, who was addicted to wildflowers and decorated damn near every empty field and freeway ramp in the state.
The official “bluebonnet capital of Texas” is the town of Ennis, about 43 miles south of Mesquite, and since Sam and I have nothing whatsoever planned for tomorrow and the weather forecast is sunny and 79° with zero chance of rain, I’m thinking it might be entertaining to take a little drive and admire more of Lady Bird’s handiwork. The map below indicates: A) Howdygram headquarters in Mesquite; and B) Ennis, Texas.
Aside from an overload of flowers Ennis also boasts several fine dining establishments, including Bubba’s BBQ, The Kolachke Depot, Waffle House, Sam’s Pizza and the Ennis Regional Medical Center Cafeteria. It’s a comfort to know we’ll never starve, and the latter option would be mighty convenient in case somebody needs stitches.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: