Monday, October 17, 2011

Deflated, pooped and crabby.

I’ve been really annoyed since I got up this morning and would appreciate everybody being quiet for a few minutes so I can get some crapola off my chest.

First, we found today that our new family room furniture won’t be here until the end of October. The store had semi-promised that everything would be in stock and delivered this week in time for my mother-in-law’s visit (she arrives on Saturday) but apparently they’re comfortable being a herd of pathological liars and it just isn’t going to happen.

I WANT MY NEW FURNITURE.

Second, I had a list of projects for our handyman that I wanted him to tackle before mom gets here but Gary says he won’t have any time for us until the week after she goes home. (I hope he isn’t playing hard-to-get.)

And now for something completely different.

Don’t be jealous, but I just spent an hour and a half hunched over the bed steaming a million wrinkles out of our lovely new microsuede king-size comforter, which appears to have spent the last three weeks stuffed into the glove compartment of a VW Beetle.
This steam marathon produced fine results (see above) but still turned out to be way more work than I ever expected. I’m clammy, crabby and my back is officially killing me. I deserve something incredible for dinner but will probably wind up with a can of Campbell’s Bean with Bacon soup because it’s fast. Also easy.
Incidentally, if you’ve never tried Campbell’s Bean with Bacon you’re missing a treat that’s extremely above-average for a canned soup. Just be sure to use one-third less water than they recommend.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: