Friday, October 7, 2011

Remarkable achievements.

There’s a LOT going on around here today as we get ready for my brother-in-law David’s arrival tomorrow afternoon, and it’s my distinct pleasure to report that I’ve been surprisingly productive even though I felt slightly crappy this morning and wound up taking a 90-minute nap for no apparent reason while Sam went to buy groceries.

Projects on my schedule this afternoon have included: 1) three loads of laundry; 2) reorganizing the master bedroom closet; 3) emptying the dishwasher; 4) replacing Yankee Candle electric fragrance refills in five rooms; and 5) a brief Cheetos break so I won’t conk out from all this exertion. At the moment there are very few chores left on my list and I’m damn happy about that.

Incidentally, in case you’ve never been to the Dallas/Forth Worth Airport here’s a handy diagram to print and save for future reference.
I’d point an arrow to the terminal where David is supposed to land but I won’t know his terminal or gate assignment until tomorrow. As a matter of fact, Sam hasn’t shown me David’s itinerary so I don’t even know the airline. Holy crap, this paragraph really turned out to be a crushing disappointment.

Guess I’ll go fold laundry for a while. As most of you already know, my world revolves around clean socks.

No comments: