Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Overpriced but worth the money.

If I’ve learned anything during the last decade of my life it’s that a lot of overpriced crap is sold on the Internet. For instance, the BedBathStore expects nitwits to pay $38.99 for an 18" throw pillow that everybody can buy two for $9.99 at Kirklands. (This is why I love Kirklands.)
Another major rip-off is just about ANYTHING you’ll find at Brookstone. They sell a cheesy red LED flameless candle for $49.99 when you can get six for $18 from Wal-Mart. And they even smell like vanilla at no extra charge.
I think that Yankee Candle products are seriously overpriced, too, but since I’m addicted to their stupid electric home fragrance thingies I’ve decided that I’m willing to pay their ridiculous prices so I can pretend I’m living in a garden. My two favorite fragrances are Lilac Blossoms and Midnight Jasmine, which are far better than some of Yankee Candle’s more bizarre options like North Pole, Beach Walk and Farmer’s Market. Seriously, who wants a house that smells like reindeer turds, dead fish or produce!
Yankee Candle sells two teeny refill bottles in a package (see above) for $14.99. The instructions say each bottle lasts “four to six weeks” but that’s a lot of crapola because mine never last longer than THREE. I just did the math, and with fragrances plugged into five different rooms this baloney is costing me more than $645 a year. (I sincerely hope that Sam isn’t reading this post.)

Thanks for visiting. Tell your friends.

No comments: