Tuesday, October 4, 2011

There's nothing as constant as change.

Surprise! I gave the Howdygram a FACE LIFT today! I was getting a little tired of that grungy pink and brown banner and decided to go “vintage western” instead with a pattern that reminds me of saloon wallpaper. So this is the Howdygram’s OFFICIAL NEW LOOK until I get bored again, probably sometime next year. I’ve also decided to take a break from movie reviews for a while so I deleted all the navigation links under the banner. I hope y’all approve. Thank you.

President Obama was right here in Mesquite today giving a speech about his jobs bill at a local community college. Since Texas is HUGELY Republican the President’s visit was barely publicized with a cryptic two-sentence statement on the Dallas Morning News website that practically everybody missed, including me. I found out at breakfast from Sam. Had I known about this a couple of days ago I would have invited the President to come over for a bowl of soup and a couple of “People’s Court” reruns. Below is a photo of studly Bubba Obama posing in a Stetson.
We’ve been getting ready for my brother-in-law’s visit this weekend. So far our projects have included cleaning out the freezer and refrigerator because we don’t want to scare him with weird leftovers, sprucing up the guest room, hauling some old bedding to Good Will, and Sam still wants to hose down the patio and garage. However I’m positive that David isn’t very likely to care about ANY of this. I think his flight gets in around 4 p.m. on Saturday. Sam has the itinerary.

I think I’ll mosey into the kitchen now and whip up something awesome for dinner — either a can of Campbell’s bean soup (seriously) or leftover egg foo young with a great big Marcytini and half a box of Liberty Orchards Fruit Delights. Company is always welcome.

I love my life. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: