Monday, October 3, 2011

Fair game.

On the slim chance this might be important to you I thought I’d include the Dallas Observer’s handy fried food map for the Texas State Fair. I realize the image below is too teeny to be very helpful so CLICK HERE for a larger version.
For all you foodies out there I’m pleased to introduce a couple of interesting new Texas State Fair dining options that didn’t actually win any awards. First, I don’t know what the hell is stuffed inside that beautiful Bacon-Wrapped Flour Tortilla (see below) but as long as it’s not bubble gum I’m positive I want to eat this — and it’s even on a STICK. Corn Dog Pizza, on the other hand, looks pretty revolting and will probably attract a pre-school crowd. (The same age group that’s throwing a tantrum for Make-Your-Own Slurpees.)
And here’s an official portrait of the Deep-Fried Biscuits and Gravy when it posed for the State Fair yearbook last month. I seriously want to eat THIS, too.
One last item on the subject of football. Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo was elected MVP by the Detroit Lions yesterday after allowing three agonizing fourth-quarter interceptions that turned the Cowboys’ 24-point lead into a 34-30 loss. Below is a photo of Romo reacting to his epic failure. The game was so depressing that Sam and I almost fell asleep eating our mozzarella sticks.
I’m going back to bed now. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: