Sunday, May 20, 2012

“The Hours” is a moody and intriguing chick-flick. Sam would definitely hate it.

Everybody knows I’m a TCM addict. And because I love classic films so much it sometimes takes me a while to get interested in a “current” movie, mostly because I’m not into chainsaws, middle school humor, computer-generated special effects, guts, gore, meaningless costume dramas or the gratuitous violence of war. However, Sam and I discovered The King’s Speech (2010) a few months ago and love it so much that we watch it religiously now at least once every couple of weeks. (We can even recite it.) Tonight I’m discovering The Hours, an amazing drama from 2002 with Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore and Nicole Kidman. I’m here at my desk taking an “intermission” because it’s time for insulin and my nightly pile of pills, but I can’t wait to get back into the family room. The Hours is a moody and intriguing chick-flick that touches on the tragedy of suicide. (Sam would definitely hate this one.)
Speaking of Sam, about 16 hours from now I’ll be picking him up at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, Terminal C, and according to American Airlines’ website his flight is on time. All together now ... yay!

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: