Thursday, May 10, 2012

No way, pal. I refuse to shlep myself up your freight ramp into the kitchen.

I know I promised to write a review for Cole Mountain Restaurant today (see previous post) but I can’t because we never actually ate there. And it’s not because we didn’t try. The parking lot was filled with the intoxicating smell of a mesquite wood smoker but as soon as we opened the front door we were faced with a FULL FLIGHT OF STAIRS ... not exactly a friendly way to greet handicapped seniors like yours truly who walk with a cane! Sam went inside to find out if they had another entrance I could use but I decided to decline the opportunity to shlep myself up a freight ramp into the kitchen. We eventually wound up at El Nogalito, our favorite little Tex-Mex joint a few blocks away. They have nice waiters and their guacamole is almost as good as mine.

The map below indicates: A) El Nogalito Restaurant in Terrell, Texas; and B) Cole Mountain Restaurant with the crappy staircase a few blocks away.
For your possible interest I just bought a few more wonderful soup mixes from Soups Online, which is my new favorite website after Amazon and Wal-Mart.
And now for something truly unique on a Thursday night, here’s the weather in Scotland as delivered by Prince Charles.


I’d better figure out a quick late dinner because all of a sudden I’m starving. Gefilte fish, baloney and/or leftover Chinese food immediately come to mind. Drop me a note if you’d like me to save some for you, okay? Thank you for reading this.

No comments: