Thursday, May 17, 2012

An ode to podiatry, soup and Joel McCrea.

Thursdays are always significant. To prove my point, today I woke at 8:45, dragged two neatly-tied sacks of trash to the curb for pickup, shlepped myself to the podiatrist at 11 for a routine quarterly appointment, got home at 11:25 and here I am, horsing around with the Howdygram!

Incidentally, that was NOT a typo in the previous paragraph. I live 60 seconds away from my podiatrist and was finished today in less than 20 minutes. For your possible interest the map below indicates: A) Howdygram headquarters; and B) Dr. Angelier’s office, which also happens to be across the street from our dentist and less than three blocks from our favorite Denny’s, where Sam and I enjoy Senior Scrambled Eggs.
For lunch today I’m making a large pot of Bear Creek hot & sour soup with several fabulous yet healthy additions: 1) a container of cubed tofu; 2) shirataki zero-calorie “rice”; and 3) half a cup of beef textured vegetable protein. And there’s no point procrastinating because it’s almost 1 p.m., I’m starving, and I need to get started watching all those Joel McCrea movies I recorded last night, including The Great Man’s Lady (1942), Stars in My Crown (1950), Come and Get It (1936) and The Common Law (1932).

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: