Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It’s my first-ever all-food Howdygram post!

For all you sugar junkies, on Friday, June 1, Krispy Kreme stores from coast to coast will celebrate National Donut Day by giving away ONE FREE DONUT OF YOUR CHOICE, no purchase necessary! I’m unable to join the celebration due to being diabetic but I’ll definitely tag along if Sam decides to participate. Our closest Krispy Kreme is on Greenville Avenue in Dallas. This may not be worth the trip.
From our Pass the Pepto Bismol department, renowned competitive-eater Kobayashi kicked ass in Chicago last weekend by participating in a stomach-turning Al’s Italian Beef-eating contest against five local Chicago Tribune food bloggers. The challenge? He had to eat five Italian beef sandwiches before the bloggers could eat theirs, and it was no match. Kobayashi rammed all five sandwiches down his throat in 90 seconds and then ate one more just for fun. Check it out below. For the record, I don’t know how he does this. I get the hiccups after two bites of gefilte fish.



In case you’re a fan like me, “Top Chef Masters” season four premiers July 25 on Bravo. I saw the roster of contestants a little while ago in an article on Eater.com. Although I have no idea whatsoever who any of these people are, most typically own upscale restaurants in Manhattan that specialize in teeny overpriced slabs of half-cooked “sustainable” fish with a decorative smear of snooty sauce. I’ll take Loma Linda’s fake meat in a can any day of the week.
And finally, I was experimenting in the Howdygram’s test kitchen the other day and managed to duplicate the exact flavor of original Hawaiian Punch. You know, in those big cans from the 1960s.
I used four squirts of DaVinci sugar-free cherry syrup in 12 ounces of Crystal Light lemonade and it was so wonderful I almost hyperventilated. To me, this discovery might be on par with the invention of cruise control or novocaine.

Thank you for reading this!

No comments: