Thursday, May 23, 2013

The only things a Smart Stick can’t do? Shmear cream cheese on a bagel and turn on the dishwasher.

I can’t sleep. I woke up at 4:45 for my old-lady-middle-of-the-night shlep to the bathroom and never went back to bed because I’m really excited about FOUR MAJOR EVENTS. These are: 1) the Howdygram’s makeover; 2) discovering chia seeds; 3) an appraiser is coming over this morning regarding our re-fi; and 4) you don’t want to miss Behind the Candelabra this Sunday on HBO.

To celebrate all of the above I just ordered a stainless steel Cuisinart Smart Stick immersion blender from Amazon. Glorioski! The Smart Stick does practically EVERYTHING and includes a chopping attachment and a whisk attachment. The only things it can’t do are shmear cream cheese on a bagel and turn on the dishwasher, but how much can a person expect for $39.95?
I watched one of my all-time favorite movies yesterday. It’s Night Must Fall, a thriller from 1937 starring Robert Montgomery, Rosalind Russell and Dame May Whitty. Holy crap, people, it’s FANTASTIC. Every time I watch this film I get so sucked into the suspense that I can’t even finish my gefilte fish. I think this was probably the best performance of Robert Montgomery’s career. Dame May Whitty was really swell, too.
It’s after 7 a.m. and I’m officially hungry and thirsty, a clear indication that it’s the perfect time for a sightseeing trip to the kitchen. Thank you for reading this. In the meantime, stay tuned for the whole scoop about chia seeds in another post later today. (With pictures.)

No comments: