Sunday, December 18, 2011

At last ... a source for sugar-free marshmallow Peeps.

I’ll bet you thought I wouldn’t write a post today because it’s almost 10 p.m. and  you haven’t heard a peep from me since last night. To tell you the truth, it’s been a lazy, sleepy Sunday around here with overcast weather and no real motivation to do much of anything except eat lox and bagels and sleep through a couple of movies. If I hadn’t read the news that Britney Spears got engaged, Sunday might have been a total loss.

We’re expecting a full day of thunderstorms here on Monday. Unfortunately, a crappy weather forecast totally screws the Costco junket I’d been planning. When it’s a week before Christmas the only time to do Costco is with the “cane and walker brigade” — a group to which I proudly belong — when the doors open at 10. I guess I’ll have to go Tuesday instead. If they’re out of stuffed mushrooms I swear I’ll have a brain hemhorrage. (Costco makes the best stuffed mushrooms on earth.)

FYI, if you’re a diabetic no-sugar neurotic like I am I’ve just discovered another cool website that might interest you. It’s Low Carb Connoisseur, and they’ve got an outrageous variety of must-have products such as sugar-free MARSHMALLOW PEEPS,  sugar-free RUSSELL STOVER EASTER BUNNIES and sugar-free HOT TAMALES GUM. Oy!
They also carry all of Pillsbury’s sugar-free cake mixes and frosting. Amazon.com might be slightly cheaper for these but Low Carb Connoisseur doesn’t make you buy everything in multiples of six, which can be an advantage if you’re not baking for the Marine Corps.

One final thought, which I’ll reinforce with an appropriate photo ... RICK PERRY IS A TOTAL IDIOT.
Now he’s telling Christians to stop being “politically correct” and drag their faith into political forums, demand prayer in public and prayer in schools, force everybody to celebrate Christmas and make the rest of us feel like outcasts. Frankly, Governor Perry, you’re a fool who shouldn’t be running for President. You should be running for Pastor-in-Chief of your neighborhood Baptist church. 

Thank you for putting up with me.

No comments: