Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What a difference a day makes.

Once again I began my day following “all things Blagojevich” on Twitter, and about an hour ago Illinois’ egomaniacal ex-governor finally received justice for a long list of criminal convictions and abuse of power. He attempted to manipulate the court for leniency this morning but Judge Zagel and the prosecutors were having none of it. And so, although you’ve probably already heard the news by now, Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison. We’re so damn excited here at Howdygram headquarters that I’ve decided to spend the whole afternoon eating halva and making Hungarian stuffed cabbage in my brand new roasting pan. Please send an email if you can think of a better way to celebrate, keeping in mind that I’m home alone and not allowed to drink alcohol. Thank you.
FYI, “14 golden years” refers to a famous quote from the FBI’s surveillance tapes when Blagojevich ranted about Barack Obama’s vacant Senate seat being “bleepin’ golden” and “I’m not givin’ it away for bleepin’ nothing.” The genius then tried to sell the Senate seat to Jesse Jackson, Jr., for $1.5 million, and the FBI showed up on Blago’s doorstep 24 hours later with handcuffs.

I seriously hope the prison system shaves his head.

Stay tuned for another post later today. I’ll include my recipe for Hungarian stuffed cabbage and maybe a couple of photos. L’chaim!

No comments: