Monday, December 12, 2011

Beware of stupid bargains … they’re everywhere.

Today’s stupid Internet bargain is available at PaperGoods.com ... a 99¢ box of random overstock paper plates featuring popular designs for all occasions, such as Merry Ramadan, Baby Shower, Happy Bar Mitzvah Irving, Star Wars, Christmas, Hanukkah, Congratulations Graduate and Good Luck Reversing Your Vasectomy. I don’t know about you, but I think a person would have to be pretty damn desperate to want anything as weird as this. PaperGoods.com also offers 99¢ boxes of random overstock cups, napkins, paper tablecloths and storage bags ... and they even sweeten the deal by tacking on a $5 shipping charge.
My Sugar-Free Hungarian Un-Stuffed Cabbage was such a tremendous hit last week that I made it again today, and the best part is IT’S ALL MINE because Sam doesn’t like cabbage! The house smells so wonderful right now I think I’ll try to license the scent to Yankee Candle. I’m serious. Any company that sells meaningless fragrances like Be Thankful, North Pole, Storm Watch, Soft Blanket and Beach Walk should jump at the chance to distribute something truly original like Hungarian Un-Stuffed Cabbage as a scented jar candle, tealights, votives, room spray and potpourri. I’ll make a FORTUNE.

A final thought. Amazon.com delivered my six cans of Pillsbury Sugar-Free Chocolate Fudge Frosting today ... the perfect accompaniment to the six boxes of Pillsbury Sugar-Free Classic Yellow Cake Mix that arrived on Thursday. Unfortunately, there’s only one snag ... MY NEW BAKING PAN WON’T GET HERE UNTIL TOMORROW. I’ve always heard that patience is a virtue, but in my case it would be a miracle. I might have to make a surprise attack on a can of frosting.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: