Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Grab the truffle oil and stop the bleeding.

We’ve got a nice little thunderstorm rolling through here right now with lots of nice heavy rain, and I figured it might be fun to share the news with my friends in Howdygramland because we still don’t get nearly enough rain here.

I love the sound of rain. I also love the sound of CAKE (see previous post).

About an hour ago I decided to watch The Lottery Bride (1930) starring Jeanette MacDonald, Joe E. Brown and Zasu Pitts. This is a deeply irritating operetta set in Norway featuring fake icicles and extremely bad styrofoam snowdrifts attempting to evoke the Arctic Circle. The music, which is even worse than the scenery, was composed by a person named Rudolf Friml. I’m not joking about this. I watched for about 40 minutes until I wanted to kill somebody.
Thank God there’s plenty of alternative programming available tonight, such as Bravo TV’s “Work of Art” and “Top Chef.”

“Work of Art” is thoroughly frightful, but I hate to admit that season nine of “Top Chef,” which was filmed right here in Texas, is sucking, too. I always enjoyed “Top Chef” in previous years but so far not even ONE of the cheftestants has exhibited a shred of talent and there isn’t even any juicy drama except for the klutz-of-the-week slicing off a finger during the QuickFire challenge. At least we get to watch them figure out how to stop the hemhorraging ... sort of like “MacGyver” with truffle oil and potato peelers.
Sam is on his way home so I guess I’ll publish this post and move on with my life. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: