Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Discounts and two horrible things.

Attention shoppers! I just found out there’s a new website that condenses all of AARP’s senior discounts in one convenient spot, and it’s a swell idea because I just printed a bunch $1-off grocery coupons and used a 25% Teleflora discount to order a bouquet for my mother’s birthday. Click here if you’re an AARP member.

And now, a couple of horrible things. First, I completely forgot to place our Schwan’s order online last night, which means the delivery dude will call later this morning to find out what the hell happened to me and I’ll have to read him my order over the phone. Technically I guess this isn’t so horrible after all.

Second, I attempted a trip to Kroger yesterday to use some of those aforementioned AARP grocery coupons and the parking lot was such a madhouse I turned around and drove home. I give up easily these days, especially if I can’t find a handicapped spot or a non-handicapped spot that’s near the entrance. It’s not that I’m totally lazy, mind you, but a jammed parking lot is a clear signal that the store is jammed, too, and my knees give out if I have to stand in line. Crying, waving my cane at the cashier and muttering obscenities usually doesn’t make the checkout process any faster. Trust me. (I’ve tried.)

I’d love to continue writing but all of a sudden I’m really tired and think I should go to bed. Thank you for not trying to stop me.

No comments: