Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hey, what’s that sound?

This morning I woke up at 2:30 to a rhythmic pounding sound. At first I thought a faucet was dripping in the shower. Nope. Then I wandered around from room to room for a few minutes. It rained last night … maybe the roof was leaking. Nope, although I thought the pounding sound got louder in the kitchen. I was actually on my way to the front door to see if it was coming from the neighbor’s yard when I felt out of breath and sat down on a bench in the foyer. That’s when I realized what was going on … the pounding sound was MY OWN HEARTBEAT. 

Bottom line … I take a lot of meds with a ton of potential side effects, and one of them, Amitriptyline, lists “vivid dreams.” They’re definitely not kidding about this. A vivid dream is exactly what woke me up this morning, and the experience can be summed up in one word: HOLY CRAP. (Okay, two words.)

And now for something completely different. I recently ordered a present online for Sam that came in yesterday’s mail.
I highly recommend BuyCoolShirts.com. The theme of the tee shirt pictured here, in case you’re interested, is from “King of the Hill,” a now-defunct animated TV series about life in Texas that was so dead-on accurate we’d laugh until we couldn’t breathe.

And now I think I’ll eat a couple of sugar-free DeMet’s Turtles for breakfast because I’m on a health food kick. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: