Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy to be alive in Howdygramland.

Gemfibrozil Update. I haven’t taken a dose since last night at dinner, and I’m feeling so much better today it’s actually scary. I can breathe without gasping, I can walk around the house again and I didn’t need a two-hour afternoon nap. As a matter of fact, I’ve been finishing projects all day and even reorganized our junk drawer in the master bath with the new bamboo organizer I ordered from Amazon.com. A photo of our spiffy redesigned drawer is posted here for your possible interest. The difference is positively amazing, and I can finally reach in and grab something without getting stabbed to death by my cuticle scissors.
Incidentally, I sincerely regret that Gemfibrozil didn’t work out for me. I looked at a bunch of user reviews online and damn near everybody swears it’s a miracle drug for reducing cholesterol and triglycerides. In my case, however, it’s a miracle that Gemfibrozil didn’t KILL me. Not breathing is an unacceptable and genuinely crappy side effect.

Snack Update. I received an order today from Sugarless DeLite, and I’d like to make the following public declaration:  GOD BLESS LA NOUBA SUGAR-FREE CHOCOLATE-COVERED MARSHMALLOWS. Seriously, these things are 100% scrumptious and even better than Russell Stover’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Marshmallow Santas! A photo appears below. Please don’t come over and expect a free sample, however, because they’re all mine.
Amazon Update. My brilliant subscription purchases today included Ziploc gallon-size freezer bags and Cascade Complete dishwasher doohickies, as pictured below. You really need to try subscribing for products you use all the time. Click here to find out more and tell them Marcy sent you. (Okay, maybe you should skip that last part.)
Ready for Hanukkah? Just in time for the Festival of Lights … don’t miss these novelty mezuzahs for wacky little relatives featuring Spongebob Squarepants and — no kidding — Shrek. Apparently 21st century Jewish children should be taught to include animated scrubbing utensils and farting ogres as elements of their faith. A real bargain at $12.95 from Judaica Mall.
It’s time for dinner, a couple of “People’s Court” reruns and this week’s episode of “Hardcore Pawn.” Life is great in Howdygramland. Thanks a million for reading this.

No comments: