Friday, November 11, 2011

Learning to type with a fork in your hand.

After last night’s insomnia marathon (read post) it was my grand plan to keep a low profile all morning, take a nice long afternoon nap and then go to Kirkland’s to use a thoughtful “happy birthday” coupon they sent me a few days ago … except sometimes plans don’t turn out exactly as you’d expect and my “low profile” scenario got blown out of the water. For instance: 1) Sam and I had to drop in to see my optometrist for an emergency repair this morning after my overpriced trifocals fell apart; 2) we stopped at Denny’s for a late breakfast because their Senior Scrambled Eggs are seriously the best deal in town; and 3) when I woke up from my afternoon nap I had such an uncontrollable craving for Curry Shrimp that I decided to skip Kirkland’s altogether and order dinner from China City.

I am waiting for my delivery as I write this post. It’s not easy to type with a fork in your hand but I’ve always been a quick study. (Ask anybody.)

I’ll probably reschedule Kirkland’s for one day next week. A portrait of our local store in Mesquite appears below for your possible interest. I love spending money here! However, after I finish dinner I think I’ll head over to Garden Ridge to shop for a decorative trunk because I picked out a perfect spot for it in the family room. (This is so much fun I almost can’t stand it.)
Incidentally, let me know if you want to come over and sit on our new sectional. We’re taking reservations by email. Thank you.

No comments: