Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Artist Ivan Puig creates the illusion of a VW beetle sinking in milk.

Know what? This post will be all about food — sort of — even though I’m not especially hungry and have no real interest in most of the subjects I plan to cover here. (Yup, I’m weird.)

I’ll begin with an actual video of the new 24-hour cupcake ATM in action at Sprinkles bakery in Beverly Hills … the one I posted about a few days ago.



I think this thing is genius and wouldn’t it be amazing if a Jewish deli could install one for 24-HOUR EMERGENCY MEAT KNISHES WITH GRAVY! In case you’re unfamiliar with my favorite food group, a sample knish appears below.
Bacon’s unofficial claim to fame as “nature’s candy” has just sunk to another low. As if bacon dounuts and bacon ice cream weren’t stupid enough, a peculiar company called Vat 19 is marketing Bacon Pops, a new line of hard candy lollipops that look and taste like bacon. I personally don’t get it, but apparently everybody else does because their website is currently SOLD OUT. (By the time you read this post, however, that last point may be moot. Vat 19 was promising additional stock by the end of the day.)
And finally, here are two items from our Shit Sells department. First, as part of a gallery installation Mexican-born artist Ivan Puig has created the illusion of a VW beetle sinking in milk ... just in case you’ve ever stayed up all night wondering what this would look like.
I’ll bet Puig’s mother is really proud of his success. (FYI, what you’re seeing is just the top of a VW in an all-white room.)

Second, Rebekah Speight of Dakota City, Iowa, has apparently sold a three-year-old McDonald’s chicken nugget that looks like George Washington for $8,100 on eBay. When her children didn’t eat the nugget during a McDonald’s visit three years ago she was ready to dump it in the trash until she noticed it resembled the father of our country. Speight, who obviously must use drugs, stashed the McNugget in her freezer. I don’t know about you, but I’d love to meet the Einstein who paid eight grand for this piece of crap.
Thank you for reading this. Anybody feel like sharing a pizza for dinner?

No comments: