Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunday explained. Napping, cooking and watching movies.

Let me begin with an explanation. I didn’t write a post yesterday, which was probably as disturbing for you as it was for me, even though I thought about it a couple of times. Ultimately I was just too damn busy napping, cooking Sam’s favorite matzo omelet for lunch and watching a bunch of movies. And then we went for a nice little drive before dinner.

For the record, the aforementioned movies included: 1) a fluffy comedy called We’re Not Married (1952) with a really terrific cast such as Ginger Rogers, Marilyn Monroe, Louis Calhern and Eddie Bracken; 2) The Lone Wolf and His Lady (1949), a lame attempt at suspense that I stopped watching after the first 20 minutes; and 3) and 5 Fingers (1952), a shocking and TRUE espionage story from World War II starring James Mason in what was probably the best performance of his entire career. We also watched a lot of “Cops” and “Las Vegas Jailhouse” because we absolutely LOVE that crap. I recorded and deleted Have Rocket Will Travel (1959) because I decided I didn’t have the stomach for Moe and Larry with a faux Curly.
Sam just left to run a bunch of errands so I think I’ll use my “alone time” wisely and make the bed, take a hot shower and forage for food in the kitchen, after which I plan to watch a couple of Jean Harlow movies that recorded early this morning: Bombshell (1933) and China Seas (1935). I especially love Bombshell because the plot is a comedy biopic of Harlow’s own life.

Thanks for stopping by. How’s the family?

No comments: