Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Howdygram headquarters is well-equipped for any weather scenario.

I’m back, you lucky devils, mostly because Sam is still at work, nothing on TV excites me and I don’t think I’m tired enough yet to hit the sack. I am, however, moderately hungry. Food is always an excellent motivation to stay awake as long as possible. There’s a piece of sugar-free pie calling my name from the kitchen.

We’re expecting a lot of weather this week. The thunderstorms on Thursday will probably be severe; on Saturday the rain could include flooding. Thank God Howdygram headquarters is well-equipped for any weather scenario. Our “safe room” is the walk-in closet in our master suite, where we’ve got a brand new flashlight, comfortable upholstered seating, shoes for all seasons and a box of emergency cookies. I’m ready for damn near ANYTHING.
In case you’re interested, rainfall through Saturday could total more than four inches in the Dallas area, and if certain conditions line up we’ll probably get much more than that. We’re also expecting a ton of wind this week with gusts up to 45 m.p.h. Holy crap.

It’s almost 2 a.m. and I wish I knew what time Sam was coming home! I hesitate to call him at the office because there are clients in-house this week and he’s probably up to his ears with urgent requests and life-and-death baloney. I only hope Sam had a chance to eat dinner. When he forgets to eat he ends up with a crabby face.

I need pie. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: