Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hey. Check out crotchety old Basil Rathbone.

Ah, Thursday. I’ve had an interesting day with no productive activities whatsoever other than: 1) eating things; 2) sleeping; 3) watching the first 30 minutes of a lousy movie; and 4) redesigning my Ovation Creative website, probably for the last time ever because I’m practically retired. Explanations follow for items one and three.

Item one explained. Dinner, in particular, was INCREDIBLE today. I had slabs of cold leftover meatloaf with Guy’s sugar-free barbecue sauce on low-carb toast and some homemade coleslaw with zero-calorie Walden Farms coleslaw dressing. This was so damn good I almost considered another helping but I didn’t want my stomach to explode, especially since I’m home alone and there’s nobody here but me to mop up afterwards. I love my homemade meatloaf with coleslaw even better than pickles & biscuits, and it’s my new favorite meal right after Schwan’s pot roast. (Schwan’s pot roast is amazing.)
Item three explained. Tonight’s lousy movie was The Magic Sword (1962) starring crotchety old Basil Rathbone as the evil sorcerer Lodac with a strange supporting cast that’s half comic and half horror, like the bastard child of “Bewitched” and “Dracula.”
The acting is hammy and the script really sucks, but there’s so much hilarious crap going on that I decided not to watch it all the way through until Sam gets home from California, because this is Sam’s favorite kind of dreck-fest and we’re both Basil Rathbone fans.

Speaking of Sam ... here he is, doing the famous “Sam wave” yesterday with his mom at the Getty Villa museum. If they look unreasonably happy it’s probably because they had waffles for breakfast at Norm’s coffee shop. They love Norm’s.
In case you’re interested, I’m making Five-Minute Stupid Soup and Beanit Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies tomorrow if you’d like to come for lunch. Let me know, okay?

No comments: