Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I think I finally figured out the big attraction at Mount Everest.

I’m pleased to report that the Howdygram has welcomed visitors from the following countries all within the last 48 hours: India, Singapore, the Netherlands, Japan, British Columbia, Nepal, Scotland, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, France and Argentina. To tell you the truth I have a really hard time picturing a dude in Nepal appreciating the finer points of the Howdygram, such as when I’m describing the joys of matzo farfel. Seriously.
Today’s pet peeve. Companies that want to shove me into a grave. Just because I’ve already collected my pension, walk with a cane and qualify for senior citizen discounts everywhere I go doesn’t mean I’m even remotely interested in promotional offers for CREMATION SERVICES AND PREPAID FUNERALS. Holy crap. I’m 60, not 90. Stop it!

Here’s what I just bought on Amazon.com: Dreamfields low-carb elbow macaroni, which is a brilliant innovation for diabetics like me. I just ordered six boxes.
A whole serving of Dreamfields has only 5g of carbs (as opposed to 45g for regular pasta) and there’s no difference whatsoever in taste or texture. Bottom line ... unless you’re trying to “carbo-load” before swimming the English Channel you should really be eating Dreamfields. I love this stuff.

And now I think I’ll try to take a quick afternoon nap until it’s time to sit in the window waiting for UPS to deliver my Bear Creek vegetable beef soup mixes. I’m hungry and plan to make one for dinner. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: