Thursday, February 16, 2012

Your source for breaking news, seriously biased commentary and general crap.

Howdy, happy Thursday and how’s the family from your pals at the Howdygram!

Schwan’s Haddock Squares, up close and personal. Although I’m usually annoyed by negative seafood reviews that complain about fish tasting “fishy,” this is really the only way to describe Schwan’s thoroughly terrible Haddock Squares (see below). I couldn’t even improve these greasy little slabs with lemon and homemade tartar sauce so I wound up returning the rest of the box yesterday to my Schwan’s delivery dude, who wasn’t particularly congenial about it. Come to think of it, Gary isn’t congenial about anything. He’s a big, whiny doofus who shows up every other Wednesday to moan about the weather, his crappy feet, a trick knee and why he’s sick of working. In less than five minutes he usually manages to destroy my entire morning. (Sam has the right idea. He hides when the doorbell rings.) In all other respects, however, Gary is a lovely person.
So. What’s happening in your universe today? Here in north Texas we’re expecting sunshine and 58°. Plus ... 1) Kirkland’s is advertising some interesting new home decor if you’re fond of aqua birds, metal African women and table lamps for Judy Jetson; 2) I need a haircut; 3) chicken thighs are on sale at Tom Thumb; 4) my family-size canisters of Manischewitz potato pancake mix are being delivered today; and 5) at the end of the month Sam wants to get our cars waxed because it’s spring. I think that just about sums it up!
I’m going back to bed now. Be sure to stop by again later for more breaking news, seriously biased commentary and general crap. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: