Thursday, February 9, 2012

A toe update, exciting deliveries, today’s purchases and a few old pictures.

There’s so much to write tonight I almost don’t know where to start, but I suppose I should tackle the most important news first. Therefore you may be pleased to know that my smashed toe is so much better I cancelled my appointment with the podiatrist. I don’t need to spend $25 to show him a teeny scab.

Second, I received my matzo farfel, Downy Unstopables and Lipton Cup-A-Soup today from Amazon.com. Aside from seeing Sam naked there’s almost nothing as exciting as a great big carton from Amazon!

Third, here are today’s Internet purchases for your possible interest. The LED lantern will reside in our master bedroom walk-in closet for those rare occasions when we have to hide from a tornado. (Our closet is actually large enough to sleep a family of six.) The soup mix should be self-explanatory (I plan to eat it).
And now for something completely different! I thought a few of you might enjoy the following nostalgic photos from my 1967 (sophomore) and 1968 (junior year) Niles North High School yearbooks ... courtesy of Classmates.com, an irritating website that sends way too much email. I will not renew my trial membership under any circumstances, not even if they beg me. (The faces highlighted below all belong to yours truly.)
And now I think I’ll take a hot shower, eat sugar-free pumpkin pie and watch tonight’s episode of “Project Runway All Stars,” but not at the same time because that would be both stupid and impossible. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: