It’s 6:25 Thursday morning, and here are four things you need to know today:
- Clayton and Ricky, our chucklehead remodeling team, will arrive sometime between sun-up and 8 a.m. to start working on the shower in our master bathroom. However from prior experience (see previous post) I’ll assume that 10:15 is a safer bet.
- I’m definitely having baloney and American cheese on low-carb white bread for lunch. My baloney of choice is always Oscar Mayer even though they spell it B-O-L-O-G-N-A. Nobody in their right mind should spell baloney like that.
- You should watch and/or record the following movies today on TCM: The Lady Vanishes (1938) starring Margaret Lockwood and Michael Redgrave; Happiness Ahead (1934) about an heiress and a singing window washer starring Dick Powell and Josephine Hutchinson; and The Bad and the Beautiful (1952) starring Kirk Douglas and Lana Turner.
- The state of Texas is HUGE. Details follow.
- Beaumont is closer to Tampa than to El Paso.
- Brownsville is closer to Mexico City than to Dallas/Fort Worth.
- Texarkana is closer to Atlanta than to El Paso.
- Dallas is closer to Little Rock than to San Antonio.
- Corpus Christi is closer to Cuba than to Denver.
- Austin is closer to New Orleans than to El Paso.
- Downtown Fort Worth to downtown Dallas is longer than the entire Gaza Strip and longer than the English Channel.
- Dallas to Houston is nearly the same distance as Paris to London.
There’s a quiz at 11. Thank you for reading this.