Thursday, April 3, 2014

Today’s forecast: a disinterested thunderstorm at 7 a.m.

In this post: No weather in Texas, snow in Newfoundland, kvetch report.

I was excited to post the following severe crapola map indicating some actual weather for north Texas, but unfortunately I just found out that the lying sacks of poo at Weather.com were just kidding and we’re not really expecting any weather today at all except for a possible disinterested thunderstorm at 7 a.m. Holy crap, people, that’s not enough water to rinse the lint off your driveway! The teeny green star denotes Howdygram headquarters.

As long as I’m on a weather theme for this post I’d like to include the following video of a man getting stuck in a snow drift outside his back door in Newfoundland. Please pay attention to his wife’s reactions. Jumpin’ Jesus! (I’ll never whine about winter again.)


It’s 5:10 a.m. and so far I’m having a lousy day. I woke up about an hour ago feeling lousy and went to bed last night feeling lousy, too. Today’s general complaints include: 1) a low-grade fever; 2) chills; 3) body aches; 4) dry feet; and 5) I’m peeing too often. I’d like to wake Sam so he can keep me company but he didn’t get home from work until 3 a.m. and I love him too much to annoy him. I might deserve a medal for this.

Thank you.

No comments: