Sunday, January 15, 2012

Boys will be boys.

If you thought I wasn’t going to write a post today you almost nailed it. I had a headache most of the day so Sam brought home a pizza from I Fratelli for lunch, after which we took naps and enjoyed several wonderful movies, including Father’s Little Dividend with Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor, Secretariat with Diane Lane and the Tracy/Hepburn classic Adam’s Rib. I attempted to watch Cecil B. DeMille’s Cleopatra from 1934 with Claudette Colbert and Warren William but it was so excruciatingly crappy that I erased it, ate sugar-free halva and moved on with my life.
And now for the latest slice of baloney from GOP presidential hopeful Rick Perry, who’s currently hovering in last place everywhere in the United States ... including (and especially) his home state of Texas. On Sunday Perry accused the Obama administration of “disdain for the military” for condemning four Marines who urinated on dead bodies in Afghanistan. Perry says the Marines are “just kids” and shouldn’t be held accountable.
You’re certainly entitled to your demented view of this situation, Rick, so I think we should bring the Marines home to pee on YOU. Boys will be boys, right?

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: