Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pumpkin pie filling and Miracle Whip ... the options are endless!

The reason why I’m writing so many posts in Sam’s absence is because I can’t think of anything else to do with my time. I’ll have a new website to design in the not-too-distant future but won’t be able to get started until my client returns his signed contract. I’m expecting to hear from him tomorrow.

There’s some kind of screwy weather front rolling through here. It was very windy all day Sunday gusting to 45 m.p.h. plus a ton of dust blowing in from west Texas. Not leaving the house was an easy decision. Monday will be nice (see below) but on Tuesday everything gets kablooey with a 100% chance of thunderstorms and rain expected all day Wednesday as well. That’s a bold prediction for Dallas forecasters since they’re usually delusional, pathological liars and dead wrong about anything that remotely resembles precipitation.
Under the circumstances it’s my plan to get an early start to Tom Thumb in the morning so I can make the homemade soup mentioned in a previous post and also homemade potato salad in time for Sam’s homecoming next weekend.

Today’s Internet splurge, courtesy of Amazon.com ... three boxes of Atkins low glycemic (i.e., good for diabetics) Dark Chocolate/Coconut bars with almost no carbs. These are so damn beautiful you’ll swear you’re eating a Mounds.
Atkins has a bunch of other terrific varieties, too, such as Caramel Chocolate Mousse and another that tastes exactly like a Reese’s peanut butter cup. I wouldn’t mind stocking up on all of them but I always get scared off by too much of a good thing. Plus I don’t want my pantry to cave in.

Now that I’m desperately hungry I think I’ll prowl around for something to eat and watch a few episodes of “Cops.” I’ve got half a bowl of pumpkin pie filling in the fridge, a package of baloney, low-fat Miracle Whip and a jar of Claussen pickles. The options are endless!

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: