Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I can’t think of a title for this post. Sue me.

I meant to write a post hours ago but really haven’t had a chance. Everything is upside-down.

First, Sam didn’t get home from work until 5 this morning, so right off the bat that’s a crappy way to start your day. We woke up at 10:30, migrated into the family room and sat around like a couple of slugs eating lox and bagels and watching The King’s Speech on Showtime. Incidentally, if you haven’t seen The King’s Speech we highly recommend it. It was nominated for 12 Academy awards last year and won four (best picture, best actor, best screenplay, best director). The movie poster appears below.
After Sam went back to work at 3 this afternoon I finally had a chance to jump into a few projects of my own. Specifically, I: 1) washed, dried, folded and put away four loads of laundry; 2) made a big pot of Sugar-Free Hungarian Un-Stuffed Cabbage that actually managed NOT to explode all over the oven this time; 3) emptied the dishwasher; 4) reorganized a silverware drawer; 5) spent five hours at the computer working on two exceptionally tedious client projects; and 6) refilled my pill sorter for the next seven days.

My brain is fried. All I really want to do right now is eat cake, put my feet up and watch tonight’s episode of “Top Chef” even though this is their lousiest season ever and not one contestant has enough apparent talent to boil an egg.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: