Thursday, January 12, 2012

You heard it here first. When all else fails, eat cake.

News flash. I’ve been surly, sardonic, pissed off, hostile and generally snotty for the last several days. The biggest issue, and I know I’ve mentioned this a million times, is that I’m so sick of my clients I could SCREAM. For months the main focus of my life has been senior citizen discounts and how soon can I retire, but clients from coast to coast are bombarding me with project requests for really stupid website updates ... all since the first of the year. Yesterday one bozo in Philadelphia sent me 27 consecutive emails with a different photo attached to each one. No kidding, I’m ready to shove a mousepad up her nose.

Another contributing factor is the pharmacy at our local Wal-Mart and how many fresh and exciting ways they can find to screw up my meds. I went three rounds on the phone this morning with a pharmacist whose primary language is Martian, trying to understand why the prescription Sam picked up on Tuesday only contained two Victoza injectable pens rather than three ... which means I’ll run out of my diabetes medication 10 days early. The pharmacist tried really hard to weasle out of it, but IT’S NOT MY FAULT if Wal-Mart mixed up my prescription numbers and filled the wrong one!

Thank God I have a fabulous physician. Tomorrow Dr. M will give me a Victoza pen for free plus a new prescription that I’ll gladly take to CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreen’s, Tom Thumb, Albertson’s or Kroger ... ANYWHERE BUT WAL-MART.

I have a suspicion my “happy pills” aren’t working too well right now. I need cake.
Incidentally, it’s cold in north Texas! The current temperature is 34° with 22° expected overnight. But that’s about it for winter, however, since we’re expecting 65° on Saturday and Sunday, the low 70s on Monday and the mid-60s all next week. There’s really no point sending mittens because we won’t need them. Send cash instead.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: