Thursday, January 9, 2014

I need a large volume of Russell Stover sugar-free chocolate.

In this post: Needle deals, another dose of Reaganomics, headache remedies.

My afternoon activities today included a really juicy nap followed by an Internet adventure to research the cost of insulin syringes because I just opened my last box. Diabetes Supplies 4 Less and American Diabetes Wholesale had acceptable prices, but it turns out the best deal is still from our local Wal-Mart pharmacy ($12 for 100).

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands. I research damn near EVERYTHING.

Incidentally, if you ever want to buy me a present the syringes I use are 1 ml (100 units) with 29 gauge ½-inch needles. Or you can just send cash. Thank you.

In my last post I promised you a Putz of the Week, and here he is! Introducing former Reagan administration economist Art Laffer, who referred to America’s minimum wage as the “Black Teenage Unemployment Act” yesterday in a Fox News panel interview.
“The minimum wage makes no sense whatsoever to me,” he told Fox News host Jenna Lee. “It’s just the Black Teenage Unemployment Act. And this is the very group that we need to have jobs, not be put out of work because of a minimum wage. So, I’m very much in favor of, at least for teenagers, getting rid of the minimum wage.” Holy crap. Because poor people aren’t already poor enough?

Also participating was douchebag Michael Strain — the American Enterprise Institute’s “resident scholar” — an anti-social Einstein who moonlights as a Pillsbury doughboy lookalike. Strain interjected that minimum wage should be lowered to $4 for the long-term unemployed because companies do not want to “risk $7.25 an hour” on somebody who’s a loser.

Laffer finished the interview with typical Republican wisdom, voicing his decades-old belief that “we should get the government the heck out of the way and let the private market solve the problem.” Because this worked so well for Ronald Reagan, right?

Oy, I have such a pain in my head now. I think I need food followed by a large volume of Russell Stover sugar-free chocolate. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: