Saturday, January 4, 2014

Please feel free to share your winter horror stories. I promise not to laugh.

In this post: Meatloaf report, polar freeze.

Breaking news from Howdygram headquarters! I changed my mind at the last minute, and in a fit of hysterical creativity I decided to skip Hormel canned tamales for dinner tonight and made myself a very large meatloaf instead using my favorite low-carb meatloaf mix from Dixie Diner and two pounds of ground beef. Also a couple of jumbo eggs, a squirt of Worcestershire sauce and a package of Lipton dry onion soup mix. I’m so excited I almost can’t stand it. Everything is in the oven. ONLY 52 MINUTES TO GO!
Yo, people. Are you in the path of the terrifying “polar vortex” cold front that’s descending on most of the United States right now? Apparently temperatures will hit record-breaking lows almost everywhere, although I don’t think we’re expecting to break any records here in the Dallas area. I’ll post our five-day forecast below (courtesy of Weather.com) for your possible interest. It was 68° here this afternoon; tomorrow night’s low will be 18°. I’m not going to make a big hoo-hah about this, however, since we’ll be back into the mid-50s again by mid-week and 70° by Friday. Please feel free to share your winter horror stories. I promise not to laugh.
MEATLOAF UPDATE ... ONLY 19 MINUTES LEFT. Thank you for putting up with me today.

No comments: