Thursday, January 16, 2014

With enough butter and parmesan cheese a person with diabetes will eat damn near anything.

In this post: A great haircut, a great nap, dinner “pastabilities.”

For all of you wondering how my first-ever haircut “house call” turned out today … it was, in a word, FREAKIN’ FANTASTIC. (Okay, fine. That’s two words.) Noell arrived at 12:30 (on time) and set up her temporary salon in the master bathroom, which is technically so damn big we could comfortably accommodate three stylists at the same time if she wanted to bring a few friends along. I wound up with the perfect Judi Dench haircut that I wanted (see previous post), Noell swept the floor when we finished and was out the door by 1:30, after which I celebrated with an exceptionally long and juicy nap watching Sunset Blvd. (1950) starring William Holden and Gloria Swanson.

It may interest you to know that Sunset Blvd. is one of my all-time favorite nap movies and I can recite the dialog in my sleep. I can also recite every word of my other favorite nap movies, too, all of which hold a permanent spot on our DVR: Murder at The Gallop (1963) starring Margaret Rutherford; Life with Father (1947) starring Irene Dunne and William Powell; Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959) starring James Mason and Pat Boone; Around the World in Eighty Days (1956) starring David Niven; and The Kennel Murder Case (1933) starring William Powell and Mary Astor.
I would be very interested to know if there are other screwballs on the planet with favorite nap movies. If you’re one of them, kindly respond here. Thank you.

It’s practically 6:30 p.m. and time to consider dinner. Tonight I’ve got a craving for pasta, which poses no problem for me whatsoever, carbohydrates-wise, because I’ve got several packages of a new VERY LOW-CARB PASTA that arrived last week from Netrition.com. At this point I have no idea whether or not these products taste like corrugated cardboard, but with enough butter and parmesan cheese a person with diabetes will eat damn near anything.

Ciao, people.

No comments: