Sunday, January 5, 2014

Naps, like canned tamales, can solve anything.

In this post: NFL playoffs, meaningful meatloaf, no laundry today, Sochi 2014.

I’m moping around with a bag of sugar-free Russell Stover peanut butter cups, trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my Sunday. Sam is at the office and won’t be home until around 7 Monday morning, which leaves me here at Howdygram headquarters with nobody to talk to and practically nothing to do. A few possibilities include: 1) starting a meaningful relationship with some leftover meatloaf; 2) laughing at the Packers and 49ers freezing their stupid asses off in Green Bay; 3) doing laundry, but I wouldn’t count on it; and 4) the season four premier of “Downton Abbey” tonight on PBS. I also might consider another nap because I’m slightly bored, my feet are cold and there’s no good reason not to. Naps, like canned tamales, can solve anything. Tell your friends.
In case you haven’t been paying attention to important crap in the news, the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, will get underway on February 7 with plenty of festivities, cheap vodka and terrorism. Here’s another opportunity to see useless people fall on the ice, slide down a track on garbage can lids and leap off mountains for fun and glory! Russia has wasted a record amount of dough ($51 billion) to host the winter games and, as a bonus, they’re also being staged in the worst imaginable location for security purposes, construction has been outrageously corrupt and over budget, and they’re risking the disaster of the century if home-grown terrorists continue to explode buses, buildings and train stations in nearby Volograd. And a good time was had by all.
It’s time to migrate back into the family room now. Let me know if you want to come over, okay? I could use some company tonight.

No comments: