Friday, March 21, 2014

Breakfast will probably be a couple of Tylenol over-easy with toast.

In this post: Kvetch report, Hackneyburgers.

It’s 5:15 a.m. and welcome to the pre-dawn Howdygram. I woke up about 40 minutes ago with severe joint and muscle pain all over my body and decided to check my temperature. Yup, I’m running a fever of 99.2°. Stop laughing, okay? That’s REALLY HIGH when a person’s normal temperature is 96°, such as yours truly’s, and explains why I feel like crap and why I’m drinking a big lemonade with a ton of ice. Thank you.

Today for lunch I’ve decided to make myself a low-carb version of the world-famous Hackneyburger, the best burger on earth from my all-time favorite restaurant/pub in suburban Chicago: Hackney’s. Growing up, I’ll bet we ate at Hackney’s five or six times a year for my ENTIRE LIFE. A formal portrait appears below with a beer.
The Hackneyburger is a half-pound of meat on homemade black bread served on a really huge plate with fries. Now that I’ve got my low-carb pumpernickel from Netrition I can make genuine Hackneyburgers every damn day of the week around here with all my favorite toppings! MELTY CHEDDAR CHEESE, RAW ONIONS, MUSTARD and KETCHUP! Holy crap, right? As a matter of fact, I would eat one RIGHT NOW if I had the energy to shlep myself into the kitchen, but I don’t. I’ve still got this body ache thing going on so breakfast will probably be a couple of Tylenol over-easy with toast.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: