Saturday, March 8, 2014

Goodwill doesn’t want your used typefaces.

In this post: Purging, bragging, putting.

I’ve decided to simplify my life. A couple of hours ago I deleted 363 fonts I’ve never used because they’re hideous, and if I give the situation some additional thought I could probably dig up 363 more. This is a pleasant activity and I highly recommend it. It’s a lot like cleaning out a closet except Goodwill doesn’t want your used typefaces.

Do any of you admit to watching “Millionaire Matchmaker” on Bravo? One of last night’s dysfunctional bachelors was an arrogant little Chinese-American laser eye surgeon from New York City whose only topics of conversation included: 1) his dog; 2) his fancy-ass car; 3) his expensive ivy league education; and 4) his Mensa membership. After bragging to his date (a psychologist with a Ph.D.) for the fourth or fifth time during dinner about how freakin’ smart he is, Dr. Mensa finally decides to shift gears and ask if she has any hobbies. She says yes, she swims and loves to surf. When he tells her he’s never enjoyed swimming because he can’t breathe underwater, she replies, “Actually, nobody can.”
It’s awfully hard not to be impressed by those Mensa geniuses, right?

And finally, I’d like to post this amazing video of Tiger Woods’ 91-foot birdie putt yesterday at the Cadillac Championship at Doral ... his longest putt on the PGA tour in the last five years. Holy crap, right?


Thank you for your support.

No comments: