Sunday, December 29, 2013

At no extra charge we also get the intriguing and ever-delightful Omar Sharif.

In this post: Sunday diversions, the jelly beans from hell.

It’s been another weird and sleepy day here at Howdygram headquarters. For the most part I’ve only managed to stay awake long enough to open a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and watch half of Lawrence of Arabia (1962) starring the late Peter O’Toole. (In reality this is even stranger than it sounds.)

I’ve got another Howdygram product review tonight for your possible interest! This time I’d like to share my thoughts about Russell Stover Sugar Free Jelly Beans, which arrived yesterday with a larger online order of tasty chocolates. Frankly, people, I’m not sure I can find words to express how nasty these jelly beans are, so I’ll simply include a partial list of Russell Stover’s terrifying and thoroughly unexpected “gourmet” flavors: BUTTERED POPCORN, GYM SOCKS, HAIR SPRAY, MUCILAGE, SWISS CHEESE, ROBITUSSIN and SARDINES.

It took less than 30 seconds to hurl the entire bag into the kitchen garbage, after which I drowned my sorrow with a stiff shot of Scope. Straight up. Holy crap.

Since it’s already 11 p.m. this might be a fine time for Sam and me to finish watching the second half of Lawrence of Arabia which, at four hours, is possibly the longest-running movie in American history. As an added bonus and at no extra charge we also get the intriguing and ever-delightful Omar Sharif. Oy.
Thank you for reading this.

No comments: