Monday, December 23, 2013

Today’s holiday treat: 45 minutes of “Gladys Knight Sings Shitty Christmas Songs” on a continuous loop.

In this post: Holiday weather, many happy returns, menu options.

In case you’re planning a holiday visit to the Dallas area to eat barbecue, drink beer and pet the cattle, I’m pleased to offer the following EXCELLENT WEATHER FORECAST through December 28. It would have been nice also to include December 29, 30 and 31 but my screen shot tool didn’t reach that far. I know you’ll forgive me. Carry on, people.
Earlier today I initiated the return process for my crappy and defective office chair (see post). This began with a phone call to Brylane Home customer service that included, at no additional charge, 45 minutes of “Gladys Knight Sings Shitty Christmas Songs” on a continuous loop. Brylane Home agreed to send me a prepaid shipping label by mail; Sam will disassemble the chair and stuff the various parts back into the original carton. This was really frustrating after a three-month back order but at least the return is a no-brainer.

It’s almost 6 p.m. and I’m contemplating my evening meal. At this point in time I have a craving for any of the following menu options: 1) pickles & biscuits; 2) braunschsweiger on low-carb toast; 3) a can of Hormel tamales; or 4) three Schwan’s egg rolls. Let me know if I’m making you hungry, okay? I’ve got enough tonight for company!

No comments: