Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tonight is Christmas Eve. This is no big deal to Sam and me for any reason whatsoever.

In this post: Insomnia, Tuesday shopping, holiday favorites.

It’s 6:20 a.m. and I don’t know why I’m hanging out in the study at this hour of the morning. I woke up at 5 for my middle-of-the-night senior citizen bathroom adventure but couldn’t fall asleep again when I went back to bed, so here I am … armed with a keyboard and ready for trouble. Shopping always helps kill a little time so I just ordered the following fine products from my friends at Amazon: 1) a gigantic jug of tasty McCormick Italian herb spaghetti sauce seasoning mix (all you do is moosh it up with canned tomatoes); and 2) Sparkle Dent for the whitest dentures in North America. I’m not sure they actually sparkle, per se, but this stuff is pretty damn AMAZING.

Tonight is Christmas Eve. This is no big deal to Sam and me for any reason whatsoever, although we do enjoy watching holiday movie favorites and consuming a staggering volume of snacks. Tonight’s movie selections will include The Shop Around the Corner (1940) starring James Stewart and Margaret Sullavan, Meet Me in St. Louis (1944) starring Judy Garland and assorted other people such as Mary Astor and Margaret O’Brien, The Man Who Came to Dinner (1942) starring Bette Davis and Monty Woolley, and Easter Parade (1948) starring Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. (Shut up. Easter is a holiday.)
It’s 7:15. I’m going back to bed now because I really can’t think of anything else to do. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: