Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I’ve been sitting on a broken chair since mid-summer. My butt deserves much better treatment than this.

In this post: A tardy office chair, too many maracas, ongoing drought.

I’ve been trying to write a Howdygram post since 9 o’clock this morning but haven’t been able isolate any interesting topics or assemble the necessary sentences. I don’t know if I’ve got enough motivation now, either, but it’s 12 hours later and what the crap, I’ll just give it my best shot. Each paragraph will have a title so you’ll know what’s what, okay?

BOOM-CHICA-BOOM. Yes, friends, I’m referring to none other than Carmen Miranda, the lunatic Brazilian bombshell in those 20th Century Fox rhumba-fests from the early 1940s. During the last 24 hours I overdosed on three of them: That Night in Rio (1941), Week-End in Havana (1941) and The Gang’s All Here (1943). Miranda frequently co-starred with Don Ameche and Alice Faye. Don and Alice were both very pleasant together on screen whereas Carmen was annoying as hell. I’m officially so sick of Brazilian music I’m ready to shove maracas up somebody’s ass.
EMERGENCY SEATING. Remember the fancy new office chair I ordered in September? It’s being delivered tomorrow — at last! — after THREE INSANE MONTHS ON BACK ORDER. Every time I got within a week of a promised ship date I’d get a boilerplate apology email with another sob story. This purchase is a VERY HUGE DEAL TO ME because I’ve been sitting on a broken chair since mid-summer. My butt deserves much better treatment than this.
WAITING FOR DROUGHT RELIEF. I thought I’d share a screen shot of our latest four-day forecast, indicating a serious rain/thunderstorm event that’s expected on Saturday.
While the lying sacks of poo at Weather.com rarely get it right, I’m holding out hope this time because we desperately need RAIN around here. The water level at nearby Lake Ray Hubbard Reservoir is so low you can walk across and practically not get your shoes wet. Please see the photo posted below.
I think that’s probably all for now. It’s time for a nice hot shower, a multitude of snacks and some TV time because I’ve got tonight’s episode of “Top Chef” waiting for me plus a couple of Fred Astaire musicals. Thank you for reading this.

No comments: