Friday, October 4, 2013

God bless fake flying saucers and radioactive aliens.

In this post: Lousy hours, hating Congress, yay for Schwan’s.

Hey, people ... I’ve added another new feature to my blog tonight! Because you won’t be able to see what’s included in each post until you click the “Read more” link at the bottom, I’ve decided to add an “In this post” teaser just below the headline. You know, to entice you to keep reading and not drift off into a sordid chat room somewhere. Welcome to the new and improved Howdygram. We love us, and we hope you do, too.

Let’s discuss Congress for a minute, okay? As we steel ourselves for day five of The Great American Shutdown, the tea party in Congress promises to “dig in” and “stand united” in their effort to overthrow the United States government … because I’m convinced that’s exactly what they’re trying to do! The tea party is a gang of arrogant, extremist thugs that refuses to accept the Affordable Care Act as LAW. It was the cornerstone of President Obama’s re-election campaign, the bill was passed in the House, passed in the Senate, signed by the President and affirmed by the Supreme Court. GET OVER IT, TEABAGGERS! YOU LOST!
Thank you for letting me vent. Sometimes I get so pissed off I can’t even read the news any more. I guess this explains why I just invested in a pile of cheesy 1950s science fiction movies. It’s called ESCAPISM. God bless fake flying saucers and radioactive aliens.

Oh crap. Sam called a few minutes ago, and it looks like he’ll be home from work really, really late again tonight — probably around 5 a.m. — so he’ll barely have time (if any at all) to grab a short nap and pack before I drive him to the airport at 8:45. I was hoping Sam would get home by midnight so we could enjoy some quality time together. This would involve watching “Real Time with Bill Maher” on HBO and eating pistachios.

In case you’re wondering, Schwan’s crusty cod was WONDERFUL for dinner tonight (see previous post). Very tasty, nice big portion, baked in only 35 minutes. I think it might be a little on the expensive side at $22 for four pieces, but what the hell. You only live once. Gotta grab that codfish while you can.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: