Saturday, October 12, 2013

North Texas is sweatier than the Everglades today.

In this post: Hot & sticky, pain sucks, airport transportation.

And the weather at Howdygram headquarters is … HOT AND MUGGY. At 90° with 69% humidity, north Texas is sweatier than the Everglades today. All I can say is, thank God for air-conditioning, because I intend to hang out in my nice cool house eating homemade low-carb biscuits, assuming I can drag myself into the kitchen sometime this afternoon to actually make them.

Yes, friends, I’m still experiencing some of the worst joint pain EVER. After analyzing the situation in depth I’ve come up with three possibilities: 1) old age; 2) the humidity and falling air pressure because we’re expecting storms; 3) low body temperature (one of many symptoms of diabetic autonomic neuropathy); or 4) all of the above. In case you’re interested, my body temperature has been about 95° for the last couple of days and always results in unbearable body aches that feel more like you’ve got a fever of 103°. I know I’ve said this many times before, but PAIN SUCKS.

My immediate concern, however, is whether or not I’ll be able to pick Sam up at the airport tomorrow afternoon. Right now I don’t think I’d be able to bend my legs to get into the car! Even though I feel slightly less shitty than I did last night, this is still far from over. So I’ve been researching super shuttle prices for Sam just in case. The cheapest is GO Yellow Checker Shuttle (see below) and costs $52 one-way from Dallas/Fort Worth Airport to Howdygram headquarters in Mesquite. This is a bargain compared to a regular taxi cab, which costs about $69. Holy crap, right?
I know I’ve included a map of our metropolitan area before — forgive me, okay? — but I thought I’d share another one anyway, just for the hell of it. The little red pins indicate: A) Howdygram headquarters; and B) Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. That’s a distance of 35 miles, probably as far away as you can get in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area.
I desperately need another nap, so I’ll say adios for now and shlep myself back into the family room for a couple hours on the chaise watching The Las Vegas Story (1952) starring Jane Russell and Victor Mature. It’s the best seat in the house.

No comments: