Monday, October 7, 2013

I was cold enough this morning to consider socks.

In this post: Frosty toilets, I really HATE Republicans.

It’s Monday morning. I’ve been up since 6 for no reason whatsoever, although presently I’m a little bit hungry, rather cold and definitely sleepy … all excellent reasons to eat, turn on the heat and go back to bed as soon as possible. And I’d do it, too, if I wasn’t so damn pissed off about the Republican extortionists in Congress and their government shutdown grandstanding! I’m especially irritated today by John Boehner’s claim that “the White House refuses to negotiate.” Negotiate what, exactly? The Republicans haven’t offered any basis for negotiation … JUST A LIST OF DEMANDS. Holy crap, I hate these people!
I need a lot of cake today. And a lot of old movies. And tacos with hot sauce. (And Sam. I absolutely need Sam.)

So how’s everything at your house today? It’s a very brisk 48° in north Texas at 7:30 a.m. with a forecast high of 80° by mid-afternoon ... the kind of schizophrenic weather that requires heat at night and A/C during the day. And because I totally forgot to make the switch last night when I went to bed, I woke up PRACTICALLY FROSTBITTEN this morning with ICICLES HANGING FROM THE HEADBOARD and SNOW ON THE TOILET SEAT! Okay, maybe not, but it was 67° in here and I was cold enough to consider socks. (I almost never wear socks.)

All of a sudden I’m way too tired to continue typing, except I expect Sam to call from Los Angeles on Face Time any minute now and I don’t want to miss that. Both of us agree that Face Time is the first app we absolutely LOVE ... not counting the Cash Wizard slot machine game on our iPad.
Thank you for reading this.

No comments: