Thursday, October 31, 2013

Yes, friends, I’m one of “those people.” I don’t answer the door for trick-or-treaters.

In this post: Still Halloween, a birthday wish-list.


Happy Halloween again. I sit here writing my second post of the day, clinging to hope that UPS will deliver my Netrition order well before dark so I can open the front door and drag it inside before the neighborhood kids figure out that somebody’s home. Yes, friends, I’m one of “those people” … I DO NOT ANSWER THE DOOR FOR TRICK-OR-TREATERS. I finally gave up five years ago. When you’re a senior citizen with mobility issues you don’t take kindly to dragging yourself to the door every 90 seconds for a bunch of screechy little kids, so I turn off all the lights at the front of the house and hide in the family room watching “People’s Court” and “Project Runway All-Stars.”

Breaking news! My birthday begins at midnight tonight, which means you have less than six hours to pick out an appropriate present. Here are a few last-minute gift ideas: 1) cash; 2) I can’t think of anything else.

Thank you in advance for your generosity.

No comments: